Have to reload Firmware after Display crashing

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Have to reload Firmware after Display crashing

Postby peterpan88 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Hello,

out of sudden, my 3,5" quitted working. Screen kept black. Tried another USB Port and a bunch of other cables. Contacted Support via E-Mail and got a troubleshoot.pdf.

Turned out that it´s kinda bricked and i should reload the Firmware to it after shorting 2 points on the PCB. There is my problem. Should i just download the newest Firmware thats in the Forum, or do i need the same that was on it befor it bricked? Cause i don´t know which version was on my 3,5".

Thanks for reading

peterpan88

Re: Have to reload Firmware after Display crashing

Postby shotbybulletz » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:28 pm

I have to do the same thing literally every two-three weeks, just reload the same firmware you were on when it was bricked.

Be prepared to do this every month

shotbybulletz

Postby peterpan88 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

shotbybulletz wrote:I have to do the same thing literally every two-three weeks, just reload the same firmware you were on when it was bricked.

If it only was that easy. I don´t know which firmware i was on when it happened. It runned for about a year without any problems. I tried it with the newest FW, but still does nothing. Windows said there is a problem with the device i just plugged in. I don´t know if i should try every FW thats public here or if i wait for the support to answer probably this year i hope

peterpan88

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 pm

try with a different cable and different usb port or different computer to rule out any other issues but if windows says the device does not work properly (not that the driver is not installed) its usually cable/hw/usbport issues
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby peterpan88 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:02 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:try with a different cable and different usb port or different computer to rule out any other issues but if windows says the device does not work properly (not that the driver is not installed) its usually cable/hw/usbport issues

peterpan88 wrote:Hello,

out of sudden, my 3,5" quitted working. Screen kept black. Tried another USB Port and a bunch of other cables Contacted Support via E-Mail and got a troubleshoot.pdf.

As i said before, i tried other cables and other USB Ports. I follow the instructions of the pdf, i shortened the requested squares on the PCB, after that i can upload a Firmware to the device via the goverlay software, the display reboots and it keeps dark and win 10 says it failed to get the devices name. I reinstalled the driver several times and tried every of the 9 USB ports i have on my motherboard (everytime i tried a new USB port i shorten to the programming mode and upload 1 of the 4 firmwares from the forum. When it failed i de-installed the driver and tried it again with the next firmware file, so i´ve done this 36 times with no result). I tried to contact support on 01.November 2021 but got no response at all. My first contact was in October 2021 before the device was 1 year old, so in germany thats kind of a garanty thing the seller has to provide. In my last mail i asked if we are going to replace the display, if i should send it for a repair or if i get a refund cause its not working anymore, nothing but silence. That is not how it should go in my opinion

peterpan88

Postby shotbybulletz » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:52 am

peterpan88 wrote:
shotbybulletz wrote:I have to do the same thing literally every two-three weeks, just reload the same firmware you were on when it was bricked.

If it only was that easy. I don´t know which firmware i was on when it happened. It runned for about a year without any problems. I tried it with the newest FW, but still does nothing. Windows said there is a problem with the device i just plugged in. I don´t know if i should try every FW thats public here or if i wait for the support to answer probably this year i hope

I had to contact support as I didnt know my firmware either, they should be able to check that for you through your order number, I assume because they know which batch went with which orders. They should provide you a link to your firmware, from there just save that permanently to a usb stick or something, because as I said, this happens ever week or two for me, and Im actually in the middle of taking it apart again now haha.

They dont offer refunds from what I can tell by the way, I tried contacting them for a replacement since it hasnt even been a year of me owning it and they just ignored my email completely.

shotbybulletz

Return to About GOverlay