Custom Profile Advice

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Custom Profile Advice

Postby Checkerknight » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:15 pm

I am currently trying to create custom profiles for every game that I play now that I got the auto profile switcher to work correctly, and I am in need of some advice. So far, as far as custom profiles go, I pretty much just add a background that is game specific and then place the gadgets and meters and such according to the picture, rearrange them around so to speak. But I am seeking a little more help with customization. What I need is help uploading pictures that will retain a transparent background. An icon image essentially. I have been able to save an image on my computer to not have a background, but as soon as I convert it to BMP and upload it to Goverlay I keep getting a white background around the image. Does anybody have any advice on how to edit a picture correctly to get this to work? Or maybe some workaround in Goverlay itself.

An example would be for Red Dead Redemption. I have GPU and CPU temps on the bottom of the screen as a horizontal bars. When they are in an acceptable temperature range I'd like to have the Positive honor be showing (just the circle icon, no square background) and when it gets out of normal it will change the the negative honor icon. The icon background being transparent is my issue here.

Checkerknight

Re: Custom Profile Advice

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:35 pm

To have transparency there is a specific color to use that the device will not draw.
Check the image icon_cpu_01.bmp at "LCDSysInfo2\default-files\" and get the color RGB from there, use that color in your BMP where you want the transparency to appear
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Re: Custom Profile Advice

Postby Checkerknight » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:53 am

Thank you very much! It was such a simple solution that I have no idea how I didn't think to look for it! If anyone stumbles across this the color RGB is 197x65x189 Hex# c541bd. This is going to advance along so many of my custom backgrounds it's going to be ridiculous. As soon as I get a bunch made I plan to upload them onto the site. I could not be more grateful of you for stumbling upon my post and helping me out of my current predicament.

Checkerknight

Return to About GOverlay