Visual Scripting, Questions

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Visual Scripting, Questions

Postby korenchkin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:45 pm

hello,
i'm trying to display cpu frequency,but hwinfo64 does not provide highest core,an i want only one number,so is there intelligent way to do this?for now i'm trying to understand visual scripting:
i have input-condition(bigger)-output and value into condition for test,no matter what number i input(sensor test value or value box),output is always false,is there some documentation how this works?

edit:this is close to something i want...except it is not working,part of it as it should,part of it as it is nonsense probably :)
it seems some inputs are not numbers maybe?is there workaround?

edit2:deleted nonsense picture,working one lower in thread
Last edited by korenchkin on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

korenchkin

Re: how to math?visual scripting?

Postby TheLaGmAn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 pm

You have to follow the flow from the "start here".
The flow must always follow the first pin of the left of the box and continue with the first or second pin of the right side of the box.
You must connect a result of box1 to a first pin of the left in box2 if you are coming from the start flow. You can only connect it to the second pin of box2 if its a secondary evaluation that will happen when it reaches box1, as you can see in the graph im attaching.

This is what you need, Values would actually be your seonsors, im using value to change them and test, you can put a sensor box instead.

http://prntscr.com/lrntnp

See how the flow always ends up in the first pin of the new box or condition.

Since you are storing core1, core2 and core3 in different values, im using a format to continue the secondary flow of them into the first value check, when it reaches there, the core1, core2 and core3 are stored in variables.

Follow the numbers to the flow its using (see how the below boxes are executed before the second pin of the start here box gets executed?).

Did it make sense?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby korenchkin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 pm

oh,i did not got that right and now i see it!thanks,that helped a lot to understand the basic idea.
to keep it clear,i didn't used 'format' at all,second core connected directly and core 3 and 4 left unconnected(in that secondary string),is that okay?meaning,does it have to end somewhere to be processed?seems to work,at least until update... :)

well,i dismissed 'switch to',because it looked like profile switching and was close to 'set property',which also did not matter to me (note to self-read ALL and WHOLE tooltips next time) :)
i would suggest to pin your diagram,because it shows the basic logic (and maybe similar,so we can see it in action what each function does)

thanks,
k.

edit:attached newest version,optimized a bit more:
highest_of_4.png
Attachments
highest_of_4.govVS
(13.92 KiB) Downloaded 1375 times
Last edited by korenchkin on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

korenchkin

Postby TheLaGmAn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:29 pm

glad to hear you got it working.
Its a little bit complex to get the hang of it but when you do, its a great way to do stuff without having to know programing code.
Just need to know the basic rules of it.

And yes, your version is actually better than mine haha, good work with that!
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Re: Visual Scripting, Questions

Postby korenchkin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 am

aaand another one
this one does kbit/mbit/gbit calc+rounding,i can see a lot of people desperately need this
just one warning,1024 is not 1000,so expect 4numbers in rare ocasions :)
netspeed_convert.png

edit:just thinking,there is some ugly optimization to reduce number of calculations,move the multiply by 8 to the kbit line,adjust conditions and divisions by 8 and should be the same...but this one is clearer as example :)
Attachments
unit_converter.govVS
(12.8 KiB) Downloaded 1339 times
Last edited by korenchkin on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

korenchkin

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 pm

thanks for sharing.

Could you edit your two posts with the VS graphs and also attach an export of the VS script? its on the export button on the top-right of the visual scripting window.

How does it feel to have this feature? Its still on beta but what are your thoughts?

Thanks!
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby korenchkin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 pm

done...well,it got the things done,so i say good to have it,and probably even better than scripting commands-i'm more into bash/console,but i'm no programmer,i usually scavenge and modify to my likings,so this(after initial confusion) got me right onto track,only downside is,if you forget something,you have a chance to do it all again :) (it sometimes breaks,but i think it gives you chance to save before it crashes,i didn't use it to be safe,just a few boxes anyway)

there are maybe few things missing explanation,like rounding(i just tested and it worked,but what if i want one decimal?)
but...works great,cool addition!

korenchkin

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:34 pm

The second value in the round box is the decimal
If you leave it blank is no decimal, if you put a 2, it will be for ex, 54,5

We do need more info on how to use it indeed, probably adding a couple of examples in the app itself might be helpful.
I will need to add more help tooltips into the boxes itself as well.

Let me know if you find out how to reproduce the bug provoking the crash, i will take a look to see if i find anything regarding that
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Pum@ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello, friends!
Im used nice korenchkin profile viewtopic.php?f=6&t=717

Please tell me how, in NET speed script, to make a conclusion of the speed value with one or two decimal places.

https://imgur.com/urhDmFo

(im deleted "Multiply=8", but 8543KB/s draw like 8MB/s, i want 8.5MB/s

Mr.Pum@

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:46 pm

In the Math Round box, the second value is the amount of decimals, its empty which means 0 decimals.
Put a 1 in there and you will get round with one decimal.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Next

Return to About GOverlay