plugin for old winamp

Questions regarding plugin development and publish plugins

plugin for old winamp

Postby DARKVADER71 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:02 pm

I use winamp and will like song information and analyser (similar to lcd smartie) plugin if possible.

DARKVADER71

Re: plugin for old winamp

Postby DRA6N » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:20 am

to piggyback on this, the ability to insert the information stored in a .txt file would be awesome. I use a media player called Foobar2000 (you can also use winamp and more) and a plugin called AIMP. What AIMP does is spits out your current song being played and track etc into a single string in a .txt file. You could then use that .txt to display this info in a marquee-style on other applications such as xsplit, OSB etc. You simply save the .txt anywhere on your PC. The format is as follows:
Code: Select all
 $num(%_playlist_number%,3). [%artist% - ]$if(%title%,['['%album%[ #[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]'] ']%title%,%_filename_ext%)

This seems to me like it would be very easy to implement, and give the ability to set font type etc just like a custom text box does in GOverlay. Or, in the custom text properties menu add something like "enable remote text file" and you simply type in the file location on your system to direct it to that .txt

I can make a short video to show you how it works if that would better help explain?

DRA6N

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:00 pm

There would need to be a plugin to read that but with GOverlay you can read .ini files, cant it save it as a .ini file? if that works, then you can use it with GOverlay out of the box.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby DRA6N » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:43 pm

I figured out how to output AIMP data into a .ini, how would I display that with GOverlay? I have the ini destination set to the .ini file.

DRA6N

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:28 pm

is it on .INI format?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to Plugins Releases and Development