OK I wrote the script .. how do I apply it to the sensor?

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

OK I wrote the script .. how do I apply it to the sensor?

Postby Mage_Mors » Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 am

I can't seem to get my new script to work with the bar graph.

I save the script and it shows a red line over the object. Where are the manuals ??

Mage_Mors

Re: OK I wrote the script .. how do I apply it to the sensor

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sun May 19, 2019 3:20 pm

whats the script you have done?
Can you first test it on a regular sensor, so you can the see the actual output number before putting it on a graph bar?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Mage_Mors » Sun May 19, 2019 9:09 pm

hi :)

What is a regular sensor ? I have to use a graph sensor as far as I can tell to show a number value.. static stuff like text box wont tie to a sensor. The conversion I was trying to do was for network converting bps to mpbs. I really want to get this work. I am also having errors in logs around disk read and write indexing or something like that.

Mage_Mors

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

To show the number of a specific sensor, you dont specifically need a graph, it can be a regular sensor.
To add a regular sensor, look in the right side of goverlay where the " quick sensor search" is, and click in the sensor you want to add to the display.
Click on it, will add it to the display as a regular sensor which will just display the value of the sensor and you can change its font and such.
Use it there and test your visual scripting (if thats what you are using) to sensure its outputing the value alright (for graphs it must contain no letters, for ex, no " GB" ," MB" or " KB" so it should be a raw number output)
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Mage_Mors » Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 am

I got this working but I have to add the bar monitor, then write the script, then attach which sensor from hwinfo. it works..

Mage_Mors

Postby Mage_Mors » Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 am

I also was using formatting in my script and that was being passed to the display so it didn't recognize the number. I formatted after it made it to the screen cleanly.

Quick learning curve. Might help to make a quick guide on how to do this type of stuff :)

Mage_Mors

Return to About GOverlay