Memory leak [FIXED]

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Re: Memory leak

Postby SubSonix » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:16 am

Just a small update. I haven't noticed a large amount of ram usage since disabling the volume sensors but I haven't really been on my PC for extended periods of time, so It may just be a coincidence.

That said, If it is those sensors, do you think you'll be able to fix it?

SubSonix

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Yea, in theory i already fixed it, but lets give it some more days and if that was the leak i will release the fix
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby SubSonix » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:Yea, in theory i already fixed it, but lets give it some more days and if that was the leak i will release the fix

I'm not so sure anymore, I've been on my pc for a few hours, just surfing the net and no gaming and GOverlay is up to 216MB RAM usage.

I've also noticed recently that it seems to launch in the foreground (I can alt-tab to it when it's meant to be minimised) But once I do tab to it and click the minimise button it's back in the foreground. So perhaps that's related, or not but still something new I believe.
SubSonix

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Send me an email to support@goverlay.com so i can send you the beta version with the potential memory leak fix so you can test it out.

Hows that about the minimize thing? any way to reproduce it? how is that exactly happening?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby SubSonix » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:18 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:Send me an email to support@goverlay.com so i can send you the beta version with the potential memory leak fix so you can test it out.

Hows that about the minimize thing? any way to reproduce it? how is that exactly happening?

Small update, I've been gaming for a bit whether or not that's related, but memory usage has increased to 610MB. *EDIT* Finished gaming, still increasing slowly.

I'll email you now.

It just doesn't seem to start minimised when it starts up (I've got it set to auto-start on Windows startup)
SubSonix

Previous

Return to About GOverlay