Problem using "Plot Graph" Element

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Problem using "Plot Graph" Element

Postby Taurondir » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:27 am

Just got a new 3.5" device, had a 2.8" plugged in up to that point.

I installed the new drivers, and GOverlay 1.6.9.
I was just dropping elements with number values at first like date, current time, one number for each Core in a grid for all 12 CPU cores, then I wanted to add a plot graph
for things like CPU, so it would track spikes, same thing for Upload and Download for the network card, exactly like I had on the 2.8".

The problem I am having is that whenever I drop a Plot Graph element, it sits there for a short while, seemingly plotting, and then the entire screen fills with randomly drawn lines all over the place.

I even tried it on a BLANK new Profile and just put ONE Plot Graph, with just the default values and spot it starts with, then just selected "CPU 1 Utilization" so just 1 core is tracked
and after 10 seconds or so I see this:
20221123_151251.jpg
gfx problem
-- https://i.imgur.com/DLMVFfO.jpg
It can also "crash" the unit until I unplug the USB cable in the sense that I cant change anything or select a new profile etc etc, as nothing I do in the software does anything until I unplug.

I have no idea what is causing this, so I'm just checking to see if anyone has suggestions while I keep trying things.

Again, just for record, if I setup a display with NO Plot Graphs, ie I just delete all the ones on the current Profile and just "Save and Apply", the graphics problem goes away. The "lines" only happen with a Plot Graph dropped in.

thanks in advance.

Taurondir

Re: Problem using "Plot Graph" Element

Postby TheLaGmAn » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:05 am

what version of goverlay are you running?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to About GOverlay