lcd screen failure

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

lcd screen failure

Postby tolky_1 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi all, I am having an issue with the LCDSysInfo 3.5" (firmware 221 I believe) that I purchased 6/11/2020.

In short, the lcd screen appears to have failed the same day where there is no display shown but the software detects the device correctly and can talk to it without any errors. I have removed and reinstalled the drivers, the software and even tried a different PC and different USB leads.

When 1st turned on there is a brief garbled display then nothing. I have attached a screen shot.

I have been in contact with the supplier since the 1st day I received it but unfortunately they are no longer replying to my emails.

So does anyone else know what could be wrong or how to fix or replace the screen?

I post this in the hope that the supplier will reply and provide a fix!
Attachments
power on display.jpg

tolky_1

Re: lcd screen failure

Postby coldtearselectronics » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:43 pm

This is probably due to hardware issue and the LCD panel replacement is need

coldtearselectronics

Postby tolky_1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 am

em YES!

I have been waiting for a replacement since the day it arrived. :!:

*****I have been in contact with the supplier since the 1st day I received it but unfortunately they are no longer replying to my emails.****

Send me a replacement or refund me the purchase cost. :!:

John.

tolky_1

Postby coldtearselectronics » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:16 am

Hello John,
We have already send you a replacement panel

coldtearselectronics

Postby tolky_1 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:09 pm

As I have been explaining, I never received it and I am still waiting for it. (7 months is not an acceptable delivery wait).

Unfortunately I have had to resort to posting into the forum and I have opened a dispute in Paypal because there has not be a reply to my emails since April.

So please, refund me as I unfortunately I received a defective product.

For info:
Here is a copy of one of the emails I have sent that I did not receive a reply to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, Could you please respond to the email support requests.

Please provide one of the following solutions.

1, replacement panel (which I can easily fit myself, I have had enough practice now disassembling the device to see if I could get the panel working as permission was given to do so)
2, replacement panel specification so I can source one myself and you would refund me the cost of the panel.
3, give up trying to fix it and refund the full cost of the device. I can return the device if required but I would expect that the postage is refunded. Given the cost of postage in the UK, disposal is probably preferred.

Please advise.

tolky_1

Postby coldtearselectronics » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:14 pm

We have send the replacement panel to you on Jan 2021 to UK.
Any queries please direct you your post office at that time (Despite of the UK lockdown at that time, it is also your responsibility to check your post office for package)

Thank you

coldtearselectronics

Postby tolky_1 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm

sorry, but you are incorrect, it is NOT my responsibility to check the (Hong Kong) postal service for you, I have opened a case with Paypal as I do not believe that a replacement has been sent.

for info, it is generally not possible for the recipient to actually check for mail/parcels with the postal service that a sender used;

You claim the compensation from the postal service you used and send me the replacement you promised. Guidance from this service for instance:
- https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/faq_supp ... index.html

If you have the tracking details that the parcel is in the UK then please provide them?

tolky_1

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:55 pm

Since a dispute has been opened in paypal, please continue the case there with coldtears, no point on doing it in both places.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to About GOverlay