Energy saving mode - one more

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Energy saving mode - one more

Postby ahrens » Mon May 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi,

for a few days now the display goes into energy saving mode when my computer does and even when I start 3D-mode games. I did not change anything (except for the usual windows updates) in my system and until this started it was working just fine. I wouldn't even mind if it went in energy saving mode when the rest of the system does, but the problem is that it won't come back when I wake up the system. It says "Energy saving mode. Run GOverlay to start" whilst GOverlay is already up and running. Here are a few facts:

- I am running the latest beta 1.6.9.18 (it had the same problem with the official 1.6.9 stable release, I updated to beta to try and fix the problem)
- I do have a display that connects internally to an USB2 header and is located inside my case
- Firmware is 241
- When I restart GOverlay it won't find the device and the display stays in energy saving mode
- No change in GOverlay whatsoever adresses the device and wakes it up
- I already turned off Window's partial USB shutdown in my power profile (set to High Performance)
- I did a brand spankin new Windows install just to be sure and installed the driver as described on this page (btw. I also get the error in the device manager that "USB\VID_20A0&PID_41ED\2cdsz" needs further installations)
- After a reboot the display and GOverlay work just fine until I start a 3D game or the system goes to energy saving mode

I am out of ideas and need help now :/

ahrens

Return to About GOverlay