adding FPS to a profile?

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

adding FPS to a profile?

Postby m1k3g3tz » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:40 pm

major edit:
it just doesn't seem to work with forza horizon 4 ... and like the idiot i am, that was the first game i tested with ... assuming it would work because the nvidia overlay works with it ... forza doing forza things i guess ...

ok, this might be a long windy post ...

first off - i am not a dev, code is a 4 letter word (lol) .. but i am a 20 year IT veteran that has extensive hardware/infrastructure experience, virtualization and automation with vmware & citrix, and recently techOps supporting a huge dev community ...
I got my 3.5" display about 3 months ago ... learned enough of the interface to tweak sensors to fit my hardware, change the colors to match the aesthetic of my gaming area ... but last week i did a major rebuild of my gaming PC.
in setting up the goverlay upon my fresh windows install, i decided to try to add a FPS display to the corner of my screen, as i have a doublewide monitor, and the nvidia overlay displays FPS just out of my line of sight ... and i thought that with my 3.5" under my monitor, ergonomically speaking, this would be more efficient.

i read through a lot of the forum posts, downloaded and installed OHM, HWiNFO, and RTSS ... all seem to be set up correctly ... i started with the built in boxed template (because i am lazy) and tweaked it to fit my hardware needs - cpu temp, fan speed, load ... gpu temp, fan speed, load ... system (board) temp, case fan speed ...
2nd row, left the default RAM & disk C meters, and pointed the sensors to the appropriate ones.
the latency however, i renamed FPS, and pointed the sensor to app: current FPS. i exported then, and imported as "default gaming" as i did not want to have it switch profiles every time a game loaded.

m1k3g3tz

Re: adding FPS to a profile?

Postby m1k3g3tz » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:30 pm

further testing with cyberpunk 2077 and dirt5 definitely points to a MS problem with FH4 ... i'll have to install another metroapp game from game pass to verify.

m1k3g3tz

Return to About GOverlay