Need help with color codes

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Need help with color codes

Postby Checkerknight » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Im trying to figure out how the color system works with the color picker aspect of the app. I'm trying to match colors for text and backgrounds with the colors of the images I upload, but I cant figure out how to do color codes with it. I will open the image on Paint, use the color picker, get the R,G,B and the Hex code, but alas Goverlay does not let me enter my own other than a 4-5 digit number. What is this number referring to? Its not Hex, or Decimal so I'm at a loss here with trying to customize.
*Cannot figure out how to add an image to this post, so heres the link*
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... HjGDuPPIvk

Checkerknight

Re: Need help with color codes

Postby TheLaGmAn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:33 pm

The colors are limited to 65535, so you dont have the full RGB pallete.
When you try to pick a color for a font or its background, a color picker is shown, you have the rgb there when you select a color to see its RGB counterpart, you can use that RGB.
You should use images with this type of color pallete, you can use existing files to mantain its pallete, but doing it with paint i dont think it will allow you to.
Either way, if you want to match a color on the display that came from anything (lets say an image you uploaded), you can use the "get color from lcd" feature from the color picker, when you open it, right click on any portion of the device mapping and you see exactly what you see on the screen, then left-click on the color you want and it will select that specific color

http://prntscr.com/wnffk3
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Checkerknight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 pm

When I click the get color from lcd I am presented with just a black screen. Am I supposed to keep clicking and hope that I find the right spot? I have a background uploaded to it so thats where I'm trying to grab the color from. Specifically I'm trying to find the color Orange but to no avail.

Checkerknight

Postby TheLaGmAn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 pm

right click to get a snapshot of that part of the display
then left click to pick the color
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to About GOverlay