Help With sensors

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Help With sensors

Postby lucas001 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:29 am

Hey Guys, I'm having trouble setting up the sensors using only Open Hardware Monitor, in specific GPU temp and usage %, I can see use from Aida but I would prefer to just use one and don't have 2 monitoring apps running at the same time, any tips?
GPU RX5700XT

Added:

Also CPU core doesn't work and I can't use AIDA trial version to display it, it says TRIAL and gives an error.

https://ibb.co/dmw682L

Thanks a lot.

lucas001

Re: Help With sensors

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Hey lucas,

Didnt quite understood the exact problem.

You dont have the sensor you want on OHM or you have it but it wont show anything?

Always remember to hit save after adding a new sensor if it doesnt show up the values and make the sensor width enough to hold the numbers on it.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby lucas001 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:24 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:Hey lucas,

Didnt quite understood the exact problem.

You dont have the sensor you want on OHM or you have it but it wont show anything?

Always remember to hit save after adding a new sensor if it doesnt show up the values and make the sensor width enough to hold the numbers on it.

I'm just having trouble now showing the temperature of the GPU, using the Profile: Republic of Drivers 2.0 profile I can't find the field to edit it.. I clicked everywhere but I can't find where it is. it just stays at 0C

lucas001

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:10 pm

For that profile, that sensor seems to be hidden behind the "sensor needle", so you will need to first move the "sensor needle" to see the sensors behind it.
Select "sensor needle" and use the move option to "move by 10" and move it to the right 12 times so then you can move it back to position by moving 12 times again to the left, do not move it manually with the mouse or you will have a hard time getting the original position back.

Same goes for the other sensor needle.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby lucas001 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:25 pm

awesome, it works not, thanks a lot, for the FPS, I'm using the RTSS but it's not picking up anything, do I need afterburner on for it to get the FPS? I'm using AMD 5700XT. cheers

lucas001

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:00 pm

check in the "status" menu if it says RTSS is running.

is it for the lcd or just osd?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby lucas001 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:06 am

TheLaGmAn wrote:check in the "status" menu if it says RTSS is running.

it says not running for the RTSS, I have Apex Legends on.

also another thing that is bugging me is this little ROG logo at the bottom, I can't find it anywhere but it shows in my screen haha:
https://ibb.co/mqPBg7d

lucas001

Postby lucas001 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:10 am

lucas001 wrote:
TheLaGmAn wrote:check in the "status" menu if it says RTSS is running.

it says not running for the RTSS, I have Apex Legends on.

also another thing that is bugging me is this little ROG logo at the bottom, I can't find it anywhere but it shows in my screen haha:
https://ibb.co/mqPBg7d

Nevermind the RTSS, I turned riva tuner on and it works :) but that ROG logo I can't find anywhere haha

lucas001

Return to About GOverlay