SetProperty doesn't set font color + refresh speed question

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

SetProperty doesn't set font color + refresh speed question

Postby tokiwartooth » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 am

Hi, thanks for your work on this program.

I am using the latest beta, v1.6.9.5 and I have the following issues:

The first is scripting and the SetProperty item there. When I try to set font color on an element with it, it doesn't do anything. Setting a threshold and font color with it does, but it doesn't serve me well since I cannot set negative values as threshold for example. Also setting font background color works.

Also, I have set display refresh rate to minimum (4 seconds) but the display still refreshes way more often than that. Any idea why?

tokiwartooth

Re: SetProperty doesn't set font color + refresh speed quest

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Regarding the scripting, can you upload the script you have so i test it myself?

Regarding the refresh, do you have both 2.8 and 3.5 displays? if so, it will use the minimum refresh rate of both to keep them in sync
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby tokiwartooth » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:13 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:Regarding the scripting, can you upload the script you have so i test it myself?

It doesn't work even if I just have a single SetProperty box in the script setting the text color. I set the text color to red but it's still white on the screen.
goverlay1695-setpropcolor.png
SetProperty textcolor test

TheLaGmAn wrote:Regarding the refresh, do you have both 2.8 and 3.5 displays? if so, it will use the minimum refresh rate of both to keep them in sync

I only have a 3.5" display and 2.8" is set as disabled. But now I did set the refresh rates the same on both in Goverlay and now it does refresh correctly, thanks.

tokiwartooth

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:08 pm

try the beta 1.6.9.6_sly
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby tokiwartooth » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:05 pm

Based on a quick test with the new beta, setting font color with SetProperty seems to work now, thanks again!

tokiwartooth

Return to About GOverlay