Copy gaming profile to windows config

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Copy gaming profile to windows config

Postby wlm2048 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Is it possible to copy a profile back and forth between windows and gaming mode?

wlm2048

Re: Copy gaming profile to windows config

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:24 pm

There isnt a button to copy the profile but it can be done thru registry.

Be aware that messing with the registry could damage your windows installation or any other application if not used correctly, so its under your own risk.
Keep in mind that you can also damage GOverlay profiles if used incorrectly.

You can follow this steps if you are tech savvy:

Before starting, you can make a backup of GOverlay config, to do so:
Open Regedit, go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\rtss_window" right click on it and select export, chose the "win9x/nt4 registration files (*.reg) in the save as type and save the file in a folder.

Now make sure your WhileGaming profile in GOverlay is empty (so there are no elements) and hit save and apply in GOverlay and exit the application completly.

Now, to copy a profile, first, export the profile you want, to do so:
Open Regedit, go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\rtss_window"

Look for "LCDSysOptionsOW" if you want to export the main OnWindows profile, or "LCDSysOptionsOW_Profiles\<your profile name>" if you want to export a custom OnWindows profile.
Then right click and select export, chose the "win9x/nt4 registration files (*.reg) in the save as type and save the file in a folder.

Open the file with notepad and:
A) If you wanted to copy the main onwindows profile, search and replace ALL ENTRIES "LCDSysOptionsOW" for "LCDSysOptionsWG"
B) If y ou wanted to copy a custom onwindows profile, search and replace ALL ENTRIES "LCDSysOptionsOW_Profiles\<your profile name>" for "LCDSysOptionsWG"

Save the file and double click on it, it will ask if you want to import the file in the registry, select yes and run GOverlay again.

If this is too complicated for you, just attach the GOverlay backup (as described at the start of the post) and tell me which profile you want to copy and i will send you the proper registry entry.

I have on my TODO list features to do profile backups and exports but its not done yet.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Re: Copy gaming profile to windows config

Postby wlm2048 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Got it! Worked just fine, thanks for the fast response!

wlm2048

Return to About GOverlay