CPU Temperature readings incorrect

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

CPU Temperature readings incorrect

Postby ppgrainbow » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Hello! I'm new to this site. I recently got LCDSysinfo late last week. I configured information pertaining to my computers and the sensors detected on the hard drive, GPU and motherboard and so far, things are looking good. Is it possible to add sensors or plugins from SpeedFan? If so, how would I do it? I don't use AIDA64 and I would be interested to see how sensors from SpeedFan could be incorporated onto GOverlay

Prior to filing a bug report, I had to configure the sensors through the OpenHardwareMonitor DLL and since I'm using a quad-core processor, the temperature readings on the CPU are not correct. The sensors detect that the CPU temperature is reading 7°C and the correct reading of the CPU temperature from SpeedFan is 31°C. Plus, the CPU fan speed isn't even detected at all. :(

I searched for answers from Google and so far, it hasn't been too much of a help.
ppgrainbow

Re: CPU Temperature readings incorrect

Postby TheLaGmAn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi,

I answered your question thru the email support.

We dont have SpeedFan support yet but we support AIDA64 and Everest (which you told me you have) so thats probably going to work.

If all fails let me know again and we will see if we can find a solution.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby ppgrainbow » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 pm

I used Everest Home Edition 2.2 and AIDA32 3.94.2. Neither of the apps that I used worked as it failed to properly detect the sensors. If you decide to implement SpeedFan support, let me know and I'll get back to you.
ppgrainbow

Postby TheLaGmAn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:58 pm

I've taken a look and the home editions of Everest and AIDA64 dont have support for external sensors, so those wont work, you need the business or professional editions.
I will take a look into speedfan.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby ppgrainbow » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:51 am

TheLaGmAn wrote:I've taken a look and the home editions of Everest and AIDA64 dont have support for external sensors, so those wont work, you need the business or professional editions.
I will take a look into speedfan.

That sounds good. ^_^ I'll post a update when I get time.
ppgrainbow

Return to About GOverlay