Questions about the LCD

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Questions about the LCD

Postby SpaceMarine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi!
I found infos about this LCD randomly online and got really interested!
However, i got some questions:

Can the fps counter show 3 digits numbers? (like 120, or 144fps for example)
Can it work without disabling driver signature check? (Arma3 anticheat doesn't like it disabled, it has to stay enabled)
How much overhead does it have on the cpu?

Thanks in advance for the answers

SpaceMarine

Re: Questions about the LCD

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:37 am

1- the big fps box uses only 2 digits but you can still add the fps number as text so it will show 3 digits (but wont change to red when the fps are below 25).
Anyhow, you can always make a plugin for that yourself, so short answer is yes, you can have up to 3 digits or more.
2- i use it with arma3, as far as i know arma3 doesnt check anything with driver signature, but even if it does, you have to disable driver signature check to install the driver, after that DSC can (and will be) enabled again without any issue since the driver will still work.
3- on my i7 its 0/1% with the sensors i have, on 1sec refresh, depends a lot on the amount of elements you have and the refresh rate.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby SpaceMarine » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:39 am

Ok, that's getting interesting :D

2- i use it with arma3, as far as i know arma3 doesnt check anything with driver signature, but even if it does, you have to disable driver signature check to install the driver, after that DSC can (and will be) enabled again without any issue since the driver will still work.

are you using arma3 online? with battleeye active?

Cause i was using up to 2 months ago an old logitech mouse, which required a non stardard driver for being overclocked to 500hz, and so disabled driver signature check. Just few months ago, after a recent update, Arma3 started to refuse to start with battleeye active complaining that it required the driver signature to be active again.

You never had this problem? The signature is only checked during installation? not during usage (each time u start windows)?

SpaceMarine

Postby TheLaGmAn » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:03 pm

i havent used arma3 in the past 2 or 3 months but driver signature has to be disabled only for installing the driver, the thing that it does is not to check the signature of the driver to INSTALL, once its installed it doesnt matter if its signed or not, maybe you were running it with driver signature disabled all the time with some weird option (probably by cmd disabling it by default) but as far as i remember w8 and w10 doesnt allow driver signature to be disabled by default if you use their built in tools, you have to start windows with advanced options (look at our faq on how to do so), on normal reboot driver signature check is enabled again.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to About GOverlay