new mb and new display

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

new mb and new display

Postby tbmalm » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:32 am

when i was using goverlay lcd and my old motherboard, everything worked great. with my new motherboard, it seems fan speeds and temperature values exceed the lcd's display capabilities. i would like to display cpu temp and cpu fan speeds but i seem only to have 2 digit displays? am i doing something wrong?
i also would like to display in f not c for temperatures. i could force the fan speed into a percent by assuming a max speed. but that does not work for the cpu temp in the cpuinfobox. can anyone help?

tbmalm

Re: new mb and new display

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi Troi,

i answered you by email on how to create the CPUInfoBox yourself so you can customize it further.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Grahms » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Can I have you send me that guide as well please?

Grahms

Postby TheLaGmAn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 am

Sure, i answered by email because he contacted me thru support,
here is the email on how to create a custom CPUInfoBox without making new plugins, make sure you have the latest beta because you need the imagebar element to create it.

What you can do, if you dont have programing skills to create a plugin is to play with all the available elements GOverlay provides to create a new CPUInfoBox, i will give you the basics so you can have an idea, im doing this by memory so it might not show 100% accurate but its totally possible to do it like this.

1- Add an image graph sensor
Set the values for the image from 0 to 100 as:
0:% 140
1%: 141
10%: 142
20%: 143
30%: 144
40%: 145
50%: 146
60%: 147
70%: 148
80%: 149
90%: 150
100%: 150
Set minimum value to 0 and max value to 90 (This will make the temperature graph to show empty when the temp is 0 and max when the temp is 90, but since this graph is actually TWO graphs together - see the second element- our 100% would be one part of the graph, so when the temperature is 90 degrees, it will actually show like half of the graph filled since we put two graphs together)
Now Select your temperature sensor

2- Add another image graph sensor
Set the values for the image from 0 to 100 as:
0%: 151
1%: 152
10%: 152
20%: 153
30%: 153
40%: 154
50%: 154
60%: 155
70%: 155
80%: 156
90%: 157
100%: 158
Set minimum value to 90 and max value to 120 (When the temp is below 90, it will show as a turned off graph, when temp is above 90 -the previous graph will be full- now this graph will start to light up, up to 120 degrees as 100%.
Select your temperature sensor

What you just did is create the same graph that shows in the CPUInfoBox, what you need to do is to place the two elements correctly since the second one should fit in the top-right side of the 1st element
Something like this:
[Eelement2]
[E1]

And move it 1 pixel at a time to make a perfect match.

Then add the individual sensors and use the numbers font to show the fan and other info you want to show and place it where it would be like in the CPUInfoBox.

then you are just missing the texts and "%" icons that you can add by adding a background icon image.

If you can, once you have your setup done, please share it with us with a photo of the device
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby tbmalm » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:10 pm

sorry for the delay but i ran into issues getting to the proper profiles while running goverlay and aida64 are running as started tasks. they have to be in admin mode or the sensors don't work and i run as a normal user most of the time. still working on getting all the sensors to be available all the time. once i get that working, i will post how i did it and a screen shot of the resulting display. at the moment, i am having issues with aida64 (purchased) running correctly as a task from the scheduler at boot time. it keeps over writing the task and the config it over writes does not run as admin correctly. also when you run the apps in this fashion, the gui is not available so they are hard to configure. and when they become visible, they have the wrong profiles - i.e different from the ones that run when they are running as a task out of the scheduler. this is still very much a work in progress. it is getting there, just taking time

tbmalm

Return to About GOverlay