scared to update

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

scared to update

Postby DRA6N » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:43 am

I am still running on 1.4.2 and figured it time to update. I don't want to lose all the images on my profile though. I don't seem to have the original files is there a way to download the images I am using?? if I update will I lose my profile/images?

DRA6N

Re: scared to update

Postby TheLaGmAn » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:55 pm

the profiles are not touched on update and the default images will get overwritted but only in the folder, wont update the device, but GOverlay makes a backup of them on every update from which you can restore them.

If you want to be 100% safe,
1) Export user-specific data:
a) export all your profiles from within GOverlay so you can save them in files
b) Check the FAQ to do it using the registry, from which you save EVERYTHING goverlay stores for the user, so its a 100% secure way to restore profiles and options for goverlay itself.
2) Make a full copy of the GOverlay folder. This way you can have the older version and your images backed up.

If something goes wrong after the update just restore the saved registry file and run goverlay from the old folder.

But i've not received any reports of issues with the updating procedure so it should be pretty safe to do w/o any of this steps, anyhow, if you are concerned and modified images just make the backup first.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to About GOverlay