Request: Custom color depending on value

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

Request: Custom color depending on value

Postby spaljeni » Fri May 22, 2015 5:09 pm

I hope I got the title right.
Anyway I kinda understand how the device works and I see it has already got white and red big numbers stored.
I would like to create big numbers also in green and yellow which is not a big deal for me to make, or in fact replace the white with green ones.

Since this is a color display the idea here is to use green font for up to 40°C yellow font for 40-60°C and red font above 60°C for CPU Temperature for example.
Is this doable?

spaljeni

Re: Request: Custom color depending on value

Postby Moroti » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:21 am

This is EXACTLY what I want to do! My goal is to have my GOverlay screen simply be sixteen colored squares, each representing a stat (CPU temp, CPU speed, internet speed, etc), and the color of the square (Red, Yellow, Green) to indicate the threshold parameters. (ie: "the board is all green" means that all squares are below their threshold values)

Any input on having a variable output to color would be GREAT!

Moroti

Postby TheLaGmAn » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:43 pm

About the numbers.

You can make it by developing a plugin, the default font can be colored as you want, the big font, isnt a "real font" and its used by images on the device so those are harder to color unless you want just one color.

About the Moroti comments, its not the same thing and there is integrated support for that.

You can use the "Sensor Image Graph", and create 3 squared images colored (red, yellow, green) and you can set each sensor image graph to use one of the three images between each percentage (it has from 0% up to 100%, each 10% you can select an image to use and it will display that image when the sensor is at that percentage).
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Moroti » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:42 am

Well, it sucks that spaljeni has to do a bit of legwork, but I'm excited that my idea is doable! I'm excited about putting it into practice; I'll put a pic up if it works! Thanks!

Moroti

Postby Moroti » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks for the help, TheLaGmAn, I'm enjoying tweaking it to my interests. I was having trouble with one glitch (hopefully this is an ok spot to ask you this?)

1) Is it possible to have custom text (ie: "CPU1") without a black background? I want to overlay it on the green/yellow/red squares

Moroti

Postby TheLaGmAn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Sadly its not possible, it impacts on performance if we allow to do that, the only workaround is with the "square font"
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby TheLaGmAn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:39 pm

I just added support on the latest beta to have one threshold-color, its under the regular sensor, "Threshold 1- Color" and "Threshold 1 - Value", give it a go.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Return to About GOverlay