BUG : CPU Sensors staying at 0/NAN values

Anything about GOverlay and the devices supported

BUG : CPU Sensors staying at 0/NAN values

Postby Pospopippisse » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:57 pm

I'm actually running on the last BETA version in Admin mode : 1.6.9.19

All of My Ryzen CPU sensors (5600X) from LibreHardwareMonitor DLL are staying at 0/NAN values at 1frst application start after PC started.
I must restart multiple times Goverlay for getting updated values from my CPU sensors. Most of the time, a 2nd time is enough but sometimes i need a 3rd restart.
The only sensors who seems to be working are CPU usage for each cores in %.

I didn't notice for now any problems with other hardware sensors.
I Joined some captures in order that you could see exactly the problem.

Tried multiple workarounds : Reinstallation, start with/without admin mode (in .exe properties), Start /no start when windows started with/without admin privileges.
Sadly without success.

Maybe it's a problem from Librehardware dll implementation or a soft bug. I don't know.
Hope you could help me with that.
Thx in advance for your attention to my problem & maybe your help. :D

Best regards ;)
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Last capture of CPU sensors
Capture3.JPG (35.06 KiB) Viewed 8709 times
Capture2.JPG
2nd capture of CPU sensors
Capture2.JPG (36.13 KiB) Viewed 8709 times
Capture1.JPG
First capture of CPU sensors at 1rst launch
Capture1.JPG (31.23 KiB) Viewed 8709 times

Pospopippisse

Re: BUG : CPU Sensors staying at 0/NAN values

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:09 pm

so if you start goverlay after a reboot, other than goverlay software, the display does not show those values ever until you restart goverlay a couple of times?
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Pospopippisse » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:04 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:so if you start goverlay after a reboot, other than goverlay software, the display does not show those values ever until you restart goverlay a couple of times?

Exactly.

Sorry for my late reply.
I didn't get notified for your post.

Pospopippisse

Postby TheLaGmAn » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:03 pm

Lets try a couple of things:

Sorry about all the tests but since the issue is on reboot it will be hard to debug, if none of this work we might need to do a teamviewer session.
Regarding the logs, (step 5) when goverlay starts, it writes logs to log.txt but stops writing them to it after it booted up, so the step 5 of each process will be to add the logs that were not written and you see in goverlay at the time of the issue so i can have a partially complete log of each test.

A
1- remove goverlay from the startup
2- restart your computer
3- after windows started, run manually goverlay as admin
4- run goverlay and see if the sensors show correctly
5- If it does not show correctly, go to the logs tab, click on "click here to open the log folder at the bottom right", copy the log.txt into a new file named "testA.txt", go to goverlay and manually copy the text in the log window and append it to "testA.txt"

B

1- remove goverlay from the startup
2- restart your computer
3- after windows started, wait 1 minute, run manually goverlay as admin
4- run goverlay and see if the sensors show correctly
5- If it does not show correctly, go to the logs tab, click on "click here to open the log folder at the bottom right", copy the log.txt into a new file named "testB.txt", go to goverlay and manually copy the text in the log window and append it to "testB.txt"

C

1- close goverlay
2- download https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor ... net472.zip
3- open the zip, and place LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll in the goverlay folder (it should replace the existing one)
4- run goverlay and see that the sensors work
5- run A and B with this library
6- If it does not show correctly, go to the logs tab, click on "click here to open the log folder at the bottom right", copy the log.txt into a new file named "testA2.txt/testB2.txt", go to goverlay and manually copy the text in the log window and append it to "testA2.txt/testB2.txt"
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby Rollo! » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:40 am

Just to let you know that you are not alone with that problem: I have exactly the same issue with a Ryzen 7 5800x3D on an Asus Prime X470 pro MB. After starting the PC Goverlay shows up with all sensors very rarely, but after closing and restarting Goverlay it works almost always fine.

Rollo!

Return to About GOverlay