Threshold problem with specific sensors data

Anything about GOverlay Plus and the devices supported

Threshold problem with specific sensors data

Postby jon.191023 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:24 am

I got a problem with specific treshold concerning sensors managing data with decimal value.
More precisely with threshold for dynamically change properties. (Not the last one for changing color)

For example the sensor for getting temperature of GPU core and memory junction has working threshold (which modifying the font color regarding the sensor data) like ping or volume level.
But for the temperature of CPU core (tctl/tdie) or the SSD used space it doesn't.... The color never change whatever the value I define in Threshold (decimal or integer) and I don't understand why....
Here the color of the display value and the filled bar color must change in the define Threshold.

But as you can see on the screenshot it never does....

It's the same sensor module between the CPU core and GPU core and the only difference is concerning the format sensor data because in the first case it's an integer value and in the 2nd it's a decimal value.
So this problem seems to concern the dynamic threshold option whatever the using sensor module.

You can check the problem on my profile "Jon-Pipboy" in community section directly if you need.

Could you help me on this problem pls

jon.191023

Re: Threshold problem with specific sensors data

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:49 am

can you add a regular element sensor that would display the value of the selected sensor, and also add the threshold there, to check if its a problem with the detection of the threshold or with the circular gauge, because i gave it a test on my end and it was changing the color of the gauge
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby jon.191023 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:03 am

TheLaGmAn wrote:can you add a regular element sensor that would display the value of the selected sensor, and also add the threshold there, to check if its a problem with the detection of the threshold or with the circular gauge, because i gave it a test on my end and it was changing the color of the gauge

Basic sensor module created on same sensor data :
LHMD#::/nvme/1/load/0

Same problem :|

Maybe the problem concern the LibreHardwareMonitor library. I didn't test from OpenHardware Library but I can check if you want.

jon.191023

Postby jon.191023 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:12 am

Same problem with the OpenHardware sensor for the same disk.

I don't know where the problem come from if it works from your side.

I got also the same on the CPU temperature sensor which is exactly the same sensor module used for GPU and GPU memory temperature with similar threshold options and it works perfectly for both last....

So it seems to be not specific to sensor module or to the used sensor library....

jon.191023

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:57 pm

cant reproduce the issue, i will need to check i with you because all the combinations i try work okay on my side.
send me an email or pm when you are available so we can check it out
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:45 pm

i think i found the issue.
Can you give it a try now? reboot the device if after a profile re-load it still doesnt work.
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby jon.191023 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 pm

IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I rebooted and the sensors colors immediately updated. :D

It works also for the CPU temperature & the memory used.
It seems now than every threshold linked to decimal sensor data were affected by this problem whatever the module used...

jon.191023

Postby jon.191023 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:29 pm

As you can see just below on the screenshot and above on the screenshot of my previous message. Since I rebooted device. The Goverlay App doesn't report any sensor data from Internal volume ??????????
it always at 0 whatever the lvl is on my PC..... :?:

Did you change smth about the internal volume sensor data lastly ?

jon.191023

Postby TheLaGmAn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:45 pm

for the audio its normal for the sensor not to appear in that list if its not used on the profile.
Add a sensor element with the volume_name sensor and see if in the display it shows the name
TheLaGmAn
Site Admin

Postby jon.191023 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:38 pm

TheLaGmAn wrote:for the audio its normal for the sensor not to appear in that list if its not used on the profile.
Add a sensor element with the volume_name sensor and see if in the display it shows the name

It's precisely because I'm actually using one of them on my profile :

Before the fix

After the fix :
(On the left)
Except for the bar gauge behind which is still working. It always stay on null value for both others

jon.191023

Next

Return to About GOverlay Plus